Next-Generation, Managed Wireless for Modern SMEs
The changing demands of wireless network
The demands of the modern network have changed dramatically in the last few years. Offices that use to be dominated by wired PCs have been steadily transformed into hybrid environments where a user’s wireless smart phone is as important to their work as their desktop. This has resulted in an explosion in the number of wireless devices that businesses need to support in their networks. And this change has in many cases, not been planned and has put a huge amount of pressure on wireless network solutions that were designed for an era that has now passed. 100-user networks used to be designed to serve a handful of laptops alongside the desktop PC fleet. Now the same network is required to support one or more device per user.
The balance of power between the network management team and the network users has also dramatically with network users now demanding 100% reliable wired and wireless network performance to get their work done, with very little tolerance of downtime or even reduced speeds.
Traditional solutions can no longer deliver
Many SMEs have struggled to deal with these pressures in a networking market dominated by SOHO equipment principally designed for home users unable to deliver the technology required, and large enterprise solutions that prove far too expensive and complex for an SME to afford or manage. Wh ile some players in the SOHO space have tried to “innovate up” into the enterprise space, many of these are based on weak underlying technology and have failed to deliver the performance, reliability and scalability that modern SMEs require.
A fresh, smart solution
Cerberus partners with Aerohive Networks specifically to address the demands of SMEs, to deliver a wireless solution that is affordable and manageable for a typical SME, and yet has industry-leading technology to deliver a wireless network that users will be able to rely on day-in day-out without the drop-outs, slow speeds and management overheads that are so prevalent in traditional wireless network solutions today.
Aerohive’s “managed controller-less” architecture allows you to gain all the features of an enterprise-grade wireless solution starting with just a single AP. If you scale up to provide more widespread coverage, or support for support of more dense usage in certain areas, you just add APs where and when you need to without needing to think about any controller support, or licensing.
For SMEs looking to comprehensively address the demands of their users for wireless networking, Aerohive is the perfect choice, allowing the business to benefit from the advanced performance and features they require but at an affordable price, and without compromising future scalability.
An innovative design with robust performance at its core
Aerohive wireless solutions provide and architecture and key features that put them ahead of other vendors for both affordability and performance. By eliminating the controller from the design, you can plan and deploy your network exactly when and where you need to, dramatically reducing the cost versus a controller-based solution and providing much greater flexibility with a true pay-as-you-grow model.
While the HiveManager Online service provides you a central point of control and monitoring for all your access points, regardless of location, unlike other vendors, the operation of the access points is not dependent on connectivity to the cloud management service, so if you lose Internet connectivity, the network continues to operate normally with all failover, self-healing and mobility features completely intact.
Aerohive access points complement the existing wired network with a simple deployment and management architecture, configured via the HiveManager cloud service but able to operate offline from the Internet with no downtime or disruption.
Simplified Design and Management
- Fully managed network without investing in or supporting a wireless LAN controller
- Complete suite of management and reporting tools available via a cloud management platform
- Easy scalability from 1 access point to 100s without a re-design or feature licenses to buy
- Simple pricing model - just buy the access points to provide the network coverage you need along with a low per-AP management and support contract
- Single control panel for management of all access points regardless of location
- Access control and traffic management implemented at the network edge to best enforce network security and utilisation policies
- Aerohive access points connect to the wired network directly but are also constantly communication with each other to facilitate failover, re-routing and layer-2 and layer-3 mobility
- Scalable, Resilient Wireless Mesh
- Self-organising - True “plug-and-play” upgrades to the network with automatic self-configuration of new access points added to the network based on the configuration of existing neighbouring access points
- Self-remediating - Automatic failover of client connection from one access point to another in case of AP hardware failure
- Self-healing - Automatic re-routing of traffic via neighbouring access points if the wired path to the network is disconnected
- Innovative features to maximise throughput of fast network users, even when slow users are on the same network
- Wireless “Health” monitoring and reporting to identify problem devices and connections
- Making it happen. Desktop to Deployment.
- Cerberus can help you with all stages of your wireless implementation to ensure you get the solution tailored to your requirements in terms of coverage, speed, cost and resilience.
Delivering the right solution, first time
Cerberus takes a proactive smart approach to delivering wireless solutions to ensure that you get the solution you need, first time and at the right cost.
Step 1: Desktop Site Survey
Cerberus uses this innovative tool to take floor plans of your office, with simple information about the construction of the building, and model the deployment of wireless network using our interactive modelling tool. This gives a great first-pass survey to give the client a good indicator of the number and type of access points required and their location.
Step 2: Physical Site Survey
For many sites smaller deployments, the Desktop Site Survey will be sufficient to provide the specification of the wireless solution. However, for larger or more complex sites, a physical site survey provides an extra level of accuracy in specifying the wireless network. This can take account of building materials that were not accurately identified, sources of noise and interference on site, neighbouring wireless networks and specific client requirements for additional coverage or density of users.
Step 3: Specification and Planning
Once the survey process is completed Cerberus will provide a specification of the equipment and services required, including and Power-over-Ethernet switching infrastructure, management, monitoring and maintenance services. This includes complete reports on the wireless signal modelling and a deployment and configuration plan.
Step 4: Deployment and Configuration
Cerberus provide installation services for the wireless network, including any additional Ethernet cabling required for power and backhaul. We then configure the network to deliver the access control, traffic management and other features that you require.
Step 5: Handover, Training and Support
Once fully deployed, Cerberus provide handover documentation specifying the wireless network performance characteristics. We also provide onsite or remote training to ensure you have the skills and knowledge you need to make the most of the management tools you have available. Lastly, Cerberus can provide 24x7 monitoring and technical support of the solution.
To discuss your requirements and for further information, please contact our sales team on 0345 257 1333 or via email at email@example.com.